About Insurance Board:
Insurance Board (IB) is a nonprofit corporation established by the participating Conferences of the United Church of Christ. IB administers a church property insurance and church liability insurance program serving churches and related entities within the United Church of Christ, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Presbyterian Church (USA), Reformed Church in America, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and the Alliance of Baptists.
Why Take This Training:
In many states it is required to provide COVID-19 training to your leadership, staff and volunteers prior to reopening. By providing this training you will minimize the legal burden, but more importantly you are providing a safe place to work and worship. The Insurance Board spent months developing this high-quality training to help churches and ministries like yours reopen safely.
Who qualifies for the discounted rate?
The Insurance Board has negotiated a discounted rate for all churches and ministries who are members of the United Church of Christ, the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Presbyterian Church (USA), Reformed Church in America, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, and the Alliance of Baptists.
How do you claim your discount code? If you are part of the denominations listed above and you do not have a discount code, please please go to https://www.insuranceboard.org/reopening-during-covid-19-considerations/ to access the specific code for your denomination.
How To Get Started
The purchasing process is easy! Our training is affordable! Cost is $5.00 per user. Minimum package size is 2 users.
STEP 1: To the right, choose the package based on your organization size (Pricing will update based on package size). If staff over 50, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-861-7642 for pricing.
Note: When choosing your package size, consider the following:
- Church Leadership
- Include All Staff
STEP 2: Add to Cart!
(Remember to use your discount code at checkout)
Topics for All Staff Training: Title: Reopening During COVID-19 - Considerations for All Church Staff and Volunteers
Information on COVID-19, how to prevent it from spreading, and which underlying health conditions may make individuals more susceptible to contracting the virus.
Self-screening at home, including temperature and/or symptom checks using CDC guidelines.
- The importance of not coming to work if employees have a frequent cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell, or if they or someone they live with have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
To seek medical attention if their symptoms become severe, including persistent pain or pressure in the chest, confusion, or bluish lips or face. Updates and further details are available on CDC’s webpage.
The importance of frequent handwashing with soap and water, including scrubbing with soap for 20 seconds (or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol when employees cannot get to a sink or handwashing station, per CDC guidelines).
- The importance of physical distancing, both at work and off work time (see Physical Distancing section below).
- Proper use of face coverings, including:
- Face coverings do not protect the wearer and are not personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Face coverings can help protect people near the wearer, but do not replace the need for physical distancing and frequent handwashing.
- Employees should wash or sanitize hands before and after using or adjusting face coverings.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Face coverings should be washed after each shift.
Topics for All Staff Training: Title: Reopening During COVID-19 - Considerations for Church Leadership and Clergy
- The overall purpose of this training video by MindMeld Learning is to provide considerations for church leadership, and have legal counsel.
- Encourage churches to think of themselves in three different capacities (Employer, Business, Landlord).
- Role of the COVID Coordinator.
- Discuss responsibility of the church to develop, communicate, implement, and enforce policies preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- Explain importance of developing policies and following policies.
- Offer Policy Considerations for:
- Communication protocols to relay important information and training to staff and volunteers.
- Develop proper communication protocols to leadership and congregation.
- Determine office policies for staff and volunteers.
- Develop policies surrounding cleaning and disinfecting.
- Outreach Ministries – Restrictions on number of people according to phases, and necessary precautions.
- In-Person Worship Services Policies.
- Church Activities.
- Discuss Liability Considerations:
- Explain obligations of church and where they are vulnerable.
- Explain negligence and how it is determined.
- Facility use and rental agreements.
- Importance of requiring third parties to have insurance.
- Liability of activities that are considered to have a high level of risk.
- Benefits of providing training for staff/volunteers.
All Packages Include
What is a package? A package is simply multiple licenses sold together to provide the lowest price possible. Each user license includes both leadership and all staff versions. This exclusive feature provides the training admin flexibility, allowing the admin to assign the correct version based on current staffing needs.
WHAT WE INCLUDE WITH EACH USER LICENSE:
⦁ Leadership Version (Approx. 75 Minutes)
⦁ All Staff Version (Approx. 35 minutes)
⦁ Interactive Training
⦁ Downloadable PDF Certificate of Completion
⦁ Mobile Device Compatible
⦁ HD Broadcast Quality
⦁ 24/7 Online Access
⦁ 2-Year Access to Training
⦁ User Tracking
⦁ Unlimited Free Roster Uploads (Admin)
⦁ Admin Dashboard (Admin)
Insurance Board Package Bonus:
⦁ COVID-19 Tool Kit